May Blog Challenge

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A day in history

Day 31: What one person from history would you want to spend the day with and why?

Today is the final day of the July Blog Challenge.  Some of them I have gotten up very late, but I did manage to do every day.  I can say the topics were a lot less heavy than the June Challenge.  I am looking forward to the August Challenge.  It's pretty straight forward.  Post everyday about something that makes you happy.  Sounds easy enough.  I think I can handle that.  I also plan on doing another photo challenge.  This one is of the food variety.  Now on to the last prompt in July.


This is a toughy for me because there are so many I want to spend the day with.  I think I will pick...Susan B. Anthony.  This woman did so much for women in the United States along with Elizabeth Cady Stanton.  I would like to just ask her who she liked being on the forefront of a major historical change for women.  She was a strong woman and I really do admire her.  It takes a lot to get change like that to happen.

Photo Day 31:  Summer is...
Getting to spend time with friends.  I have had a pretty busy but great summer.  I have enjoyed getting to know stuff about all of you as well as myself.  I have stepped out of my comfort zone this summer and I feel good about it.  Friends are always a blessing.

I have been going to the zoo and walking after I drop Elexis off for Orchestra Camp.  The past two days I have walked over 2 1/2 miles.  It's not too bad if you get there first thing in the morning, but around 10 the stroller mafia is in full force.  Yesterday I couldn't get through a 10 foot wide opening because of the strollers.  




5 comments:

  1. Susan B. Anthony was a phenomenal woman. The stroller mafia. Hilarious! I have been LOVING your zoo photos. I wish I could go more often. I had a membership in OKC. I need to go on and fork over the money to get one here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a super ton of zoo photos. Don't quite know what I am going to do with them yet. Do they offer discounts on zoo passes during the year? I know in May we can get the zoo pass wayyy cheaper from Mathis Brothers (you remember that place...lol).

      Delete
  2. Good choice. And getting to walk at the Zoo everyday would be so phenomenal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I love it. I have been giving nicknames to the animals. Sometimes you see things that you really can't unsee (like turtles mating, sea lions mating, and 4 animals peeing in one trip).

      Delete
  3. I had so many people tell me I was the only one that picked men. LOL.... I think it's because someone needs to tell Ben Franklin to cut that shit off! His hair was HORRIBLE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.