May Blog Challenge

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

That's so random

Day 17: 7 Random facts about me.

I think you all know more random facts about me than most of the people in my real life.  How about some more.

1. I have no desire to move from my house, yet I look at houses all over the US.  I love floor plans and design features.  I like seeing what is available in a realistic price range for us.  My favorite website to do this with is Zillow.

2. I prefer anything I drink to be at room temperature with the exception of A&W root beer which has to be ice cold out of a bottle.  It drives my husband nuts that I will buy a drink and let it sit for hours before drinking it.  Or if I get a fountain drink, I don't get ice in it.

3.  When I wear makeup (maybe once or twice a week if that) I wear foundation, a bronze colored eye shadow, brown eye liner, and only put lipstick on one lip and blend it with the other.  I like to look natural.

4.  I prefer fruits and vegetables over cookies and cupcakes.  I like crunchy.  I love to bake though.  I am renting a couple of lenses for the wedding I am shooting on Friday and while I have them, I am going to be baking and shooting while I have these really nice lenses.

5.  I am completely filled with self doubt about my ability to photograph people.  I wish that aspect of photography came easily to me, but it doesn't.  I always struggle with posing people.

6.  I have to get my driver's license renewed by the end of the month.  I think for the first time in my life I weigh what my license says I weigh.  I am obsessed with taking a good picture.  I have to look at this picture for the next 4 years.  I go and get my hair cut and styled and put on my makeup a little darker and ask them to let me look at the picture before they print the license.

7.  I can't stand the smell of French toast, yet it is the most requested breakfast food in my house.  As long as I am cooking it, I can stand it; but if someone else is cooking I want to throw up!  As in, stomach turning, must leave the house before I barf!

Ok, there are seven more really random facts about me.  I should clarify on my last random fact one:  The I hate squirrels one.  I really do not like the beady eyed little boogers.  They have caused us $700 in plumbing costs.  They chew up our Christmas lights EVERY year.  They have become so domesticated in the park that they will run right in front of you, while you are walking or running, and sit there.  I have tripped over them twice and skinned my knee.  I will try to gently nudge them out of the way with my shoe, but they are stubborn little bastards (pardon the language).

Photo Day 17: Eat
This is what stingrays eat at the zoo.  Elexis had a great time feeding them.  You can read about it here.




18 comments:

  1. My mom also likes drinking things at room temperature, she always takes out a drink from the fridge and let it sit and come to room temperature.

    I personally like looking at houses I will never be able to affordable, like the multi million dollar penthouses in downtown Vancouver, oh well...a girl can dream lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like looking at houses I can't afford too. It helps give me ideas on what I want in my dream house. The best house I have found here in the states is in Zypher NV. It's $75 million. I love love love the style of it.

      Delete
  2. I don't like temperature hot or cold stuff, either. I think it stems from my European adventures, living without a proper fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to have your weight on your drivers license ?
    Thats just cruel .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think it is dumb because people's weight fluctuates so much. It can pretty much be a made up number, they don't make you get on a scale.

      Delete
  4. My cats eat those "little bastards" at my house. Would you like to borrow the boys for a few weeks?

    I'm the same with with bacon as you are with French toast! strange!

    Thanks for the barrage of comments on my blog while my DSL was out. I appreciate each and every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I let my cat out, she probably would too. She yowls at them through the window.

      Funny about bacon, I like the smell just not the taste.

      Missed you Jen!!

      Delete
  5. We feed those little "bastards" at our house and love to watch their antics. But when they eat all my jelly for the orioles then it just makes me mad! I used to obsess bout make up and hair and now I am "take me as you see me" kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a pretty much take me as you see me. Every once in a while, I don't like to scare people with the dark circles under my eyes. lol.

      Delete
  6. OMG Posing is HARD! We always have problems with that when Aaron's doing pics of me. I'm not a fan of french toast and the smell turns my stomach, too. Cinnamon on top of egg-smell? No thanks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate posing. The poses that are most flattering, are the hardest to achieve and are the most uncomfortable.

      Delete
  7. every time i get my driver's license take - i always look like a total goober & it bugs me .. now that you have to look a certain different - i look like i have 7 billion chins. nuts! ( :

    sorry to hear about the french toast - that plain stinks. i worked with a lady who was a vegetarian & had to cook meat for her family - i can not imagine. yucky for you guys!

    nice meeting you through the July Blog Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I will be over to your blog (and leave a crap ton of comments) shortly. My first license, I was sick and I looked like crap. I swore right then I would never have another bad picture. I think those machines are designed to make us all look like we have multiple chins.

      Delete
  8. I would LOVE to move from my house... except that THAT would involved a) fixing it to show b) cleaning it to have it photographed to have it listed c) did I mention KEEPING it clean? on like... a DAILY basis and then d) packing...up..all...this...shit! OMG... yeah, I'm not moving either!

    I have an entire board on Pinterest devoted to my dream home. I'd be curious how much we like the same sorts of stuffs! :) LOL

    I will say, however, that I love my drinks with ice and cold. WOW... I found ONE DIFFERENCE!!!! SHOCKER! Josh, my 14 year old, doesn't like ice either.

    I rarely wear full make-up either. When I go out and about it's generally just powder, eyeliner and some mascera. I wear lipgloss (Glazewear by Avon is AWESOME!) I like to look natural, too! OMG another low maintenance woman! I swear...we're twins!

    And, I don't PREFER fruits and veggies over cookies and cupcakes... but I eat them over the other. I make the most badass Paradise Bakery sugar cookies known to man... Sigh....and I hide them when I make them.... I hate sharing them with ANYONE! LOL

    I've ALWAYS wanted to rent lenses! AND I'm taking an online photography class starting September 1! :) Very excited.

    I will send you a picture of my drivers license on text... I call it the Bitchy Librarian look. :) She said, "I'll take it in One..." CLICK... she didn't count to three. What kind of sick bitch doesn't finish counting when she KNOWS you're waiting for the "Three" One, two, three CLICK.... I hate her....

    French toast... I'll remember that. I make it at least every other week. Duly noted... girls weekend.. NO French toast. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why we aren't moving. We don't even have carpet in our living room (nor have we for 10 years...we are indecisive). I don't have the discipline to keep my house show ready. The idea of moving is nice, but the actual event...no thanks.

      I love Glazewear. I think all my makeup is Avon. One of my best friends sells it.

      Yay!!! I am so excited you are taking a photography class!!!!! This is my first time to rent lenses. So far it has been a great experience. I have played around with them a lot. Tomorrow morning I am going to the zoo to play more. I only did a 3 day rental, but because of the weekend, it turned into 5!

      I cannot wait to see your picture!! I will send you a pic of mine too.

      Delete
  9. I like to look at houses that are too large for my family.
    I prefer room temperature water, but everything I want cold with no ice.
    I don't wear makeup but would like to learn to apply it properly.
    If you want to photograph people, maybe taking more people photographs would help.
    I can't believe you still have to renew your license every four years; we get 10 years.
    I may be crazy, but it's a certain part of the cooking egg that I can't stand the smell of when cooking french toast. Maybe the white that don't get wisked very well. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like to look at houses too large for my family and that I would never be able to afford even if I did win the lottery. I learned to apply makeup in high school from my friend who was taking cosmetology. I still apply it the same way. If I need to be more dramatic, I add mascara and apply lipstick to both lips. haha. I wish our renewal was every 10. I don't know what triggers the gag reflex, but I don't like it.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.