May Blog Challenge

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Best date of my life

Day 20: Write about the worst date or the best date you have ever been on.

Luckily for me, I never really have dated.  I had a high school boyfriend and we mainly did church functions as a group.  We never actually went on a "date" where he came and picked me up, bought dinner, etc...  I met my husband while I was still in high school.  We go on dates now, but it usually just involves the movies.  We did go on a motorcycle ride around the lake after the movies this evening.  I will write about our first date though.

We were set up on a blind date.  My really good friend Shelley is my now sister-in-law's sister.  Shelley and I went to her sister's house.  We all decided to take her husband and his brother food at a house they were laying sod at.  We pulled up to the house and I just saw this person bent over in the back of the truck pulling sod out.  I never actually saw more than his butt.  It was cute and I inquired.  Shelley, Janet and Shawn (hubby's brother) conspired to set us up on a date even though they knew I had a boyfriend.  Shelley took me to Janet and Shawn's saying she needed to drop something off.  Shawn called his brother and told him to clean up and wear something nice and come over.  We met and my husband was very shy.  He had never had a girlfriend and was extremely self conscious of his cleft lip.  I thought he was cute and very sweet.  We all went to dinner together and ended up watching a movie at Janet and Shawn's.  A couple of days later he called me and asked me out on a proper date.  I had broken up with my boyfriend by then because I really liked this boy.  Hubby picked me up at my house and brought me a single rose with a little teddy bear attached.  He took me to a cafe that we to as a group.  He paid for dinner and we wound up going back over to his brother's where he showed me his mad skills of playing and beating his brother at Mortal Kombat with his feet.  I had a blast and it was a great evening.  I just remember all of the butterflies and the unknowns.  We talked for hours on the phone and he officially asked me to be his girlfriend on Dec. 4.

On a side note: I think my lucky number is 4.  We were official on Dec. 4, he proposed on Aug. 4, We got married July 4, We lost our baby Mar. 4, and our daughter's birthday is in the 4th month.  If I ever play the lottery, I am picking a 4!!

Photo Day 20: Love is...
...marrying your best friend.  Here is one picture from the wedding I shot last night.  This is just a rough edit.  I will definitely share more pictures once I get some fully edited.





17 comments:

  1. I love to hear about blind dates that turn into real relationships. Usually you just hear a lot of horror stories about them. And you 2 are such a good looking couple.

    It does seem that 4 is your lucky number.

    I can't wait to see more photos from the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Flora. I often get that response when I tell people we met on a blind date. I am working hard on editing the wedding photos.

      Delete
  2. I've only had really terrible blind dates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute story, though not sure I would ever want to date, meet, etc someone whom all I saw their backside...interesting, think of the story you'll have to tell grandkids, lol.
    There's a Nip in the Air

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a cute butt and I like it. It's a fun story to tell.

      Delete
  4. I should have written about my date with a doctor who insisted I call him doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha!! I just busted out laughing!! Are you kidding me?! That is ridiculous! You should have made him call you teacher. Or Ms. Kwizgiver!

      Delete
    2. That... is awful. lol Like, "Yeah, I get it, you spent a buttload on college. Can you just be a person for two hours? No? Okay, bye." :p

      Delete
  5. I love your blind date story. And your husband sounds very sweet. Love the picture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! hehehehe A blind date that worked out. If I were the matchmaker type I would print this up and hand it out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I know, blind dates rarely work out. I am glad mine did.

      Delete
  7. I love your posts and your pictures x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, you are too sweet. Thank you. I wish I had some of your writing talent. I just write whatever spills out of my head.

      Delete
  8. You know... you just KNOW when it's meant to be. :) Looks like it was. I can see how he might be self conscious about the cleft scars, but, he needed the right person to see HIM and NOT a scar. :) Glad he found you...sound like a great match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thank you. That's what I tell him too. I fell in love with him and not his face. You know, none of Elexis' friends have ever questioned her about it or made a big deal about it. Usually kids are horrible about that stuff.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.