May Blog Challenge

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Listen up all you newborns

Day 2: If you could give a newborn one piece of advice what would it be?

Newborns really need to know this:  Let your parents sleep for more than an hour at time when you get home from the hospital.  They need this so they do not lose their minds.  We understand you are hungry, tired, wet, dirty etc... all we are asking for is just 3 to 6 hours of sleep to be able to function.  If we can't function, stuff starts to happen.  Mommy gets cranky, Daddy gets cranky, siblings get cranky.  If the whole house is cranky, people start to not think you are so cute and squishy.  That is all.  When you are a teenager, you will want lots and lots of sleep too.

Photo Challenge Day 2: Reflection - Flamingos!

Taken at the zoo today.



18 comments:

  1. That is excellent advice and all newborns should heed it. It would have especially helped me out when my eldest, Prue was born. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would probably have more than one kid if mine slept more. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh that is wonderful advice. My first born had colic and didn't sleep for 3 months! Horrible. But that is a beautiful picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you! Colic is horrible. Thank you. I love flamingos.

      Delete
  3. I had big babies so they were good eaters and good sleepers. I can sympathize with the families of babies who don't sleep, I am SO crabby when I don't baby or not!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were so lucky. Mine was a good eater, but not sleeper. She is still a light sleeper so she has to sleep with a fan.

      Delete
  4. Very good advice. It would be nice if it were possible. :-)

    That's a very beautiful flamingo photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice. Thank you. They are so fun to photograph.

      Delete
  5. Good advice, I hope more newborns take that to heart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the newborns listen carefully....

    ReplyDelete
  7. That advice should be front and center in the newborn handbook! Sleep deprived people aren't fun to be around.
    Life is Precious

    ReplyDelete
  8. and that is why when they're a teenager, you get to wake them up... and make them do chores.

    I still don't understand the purpose of staying up ALL FLIPPIN NIGHT (when no one else in the house IS).... only to sleep the entire day away. What IS the purpose of that.

    ESPECIALLY when you live in hell (a.k.a. TEXAS) where it's 120 in the summer after 11am. You HAVE to be up at 8:30-9am so that you can actually DO something outside if you wanna.

    Kids are stupid.

    That's my take on this whole conversation I've just had in this comment box. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get the whole sleeping the day away thing either. I make my daughter get up by 9. Plus, she will have to adapt when school starts back. I love the having to wake up the kids part. Finally, vengeance is ours!! lol

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.