May Blog Challenge

Monday, July 8, 2013

In 5 years

Day 8: How will your life be different in 5 years?

I can't write this post without busting into tears.  My daughter will be 18 and will be going to college.  She will have just graduated high school and will be enjoying her last summer home with Mom.  I hopefully will be full time employed by then, because my job as full time Mommy will have ended.  It will be time for my caterpillar that I have nurtured for the past 18 years, turn into the beautiful butterfly I know she will be.  This time seems so far away, yet I know it will be here in a blink of an eye.  I can only hold on to her for so long.

Photo Day 8: Up  Here are a couple of pictures representing up.
Fireworks from the 4th.

A view going straight up 2 stories and then a dome at our state capital.  The dome was just added in 2002.  I still have a whole blog post on that and the mansion we toured.  


14 comments:

  1. The time when they go off to college is such an exciting time, I'm smiling remembering it. When they start the college tours, looking and applying also a fun time...lots of cool things ahead of you, enjoy them with her.
    What's in Your Future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope they are exciting. I'm kind of dreading them right now.

      Delete
  2. AW! *hugs* She'll still need you, I'm sure. I remember when I went to look at colleges (even though I didn't end up going) I could NOT have done it without my dad. The nest isn't empty just yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend. I hope she will. In fact, the first time she goes to the grocery store by herself is when I will be getting 90 phone calls...lol. I do like looking at colleges though.

      Delete
  3. I hope the five years are filled with really fun moments! :-)

    I love your fireworks photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are too. The first 13 of her life have been mostly fun! I love fireworks, thank you.

      Delete
  4. So much can happen in a day, let alone 5 years.
    One foot in front of the other but yes, kids grow very fast. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Lisa. We are never guaranteed a tomorrow.

      Delete
  5. You and your daughter must share a very special relationship. I hated it when my sons left home. It was like a huge hole in my heart. And then the oldest came back and it was horrible. And now I NEVER see him but I am raising his kiddos. Hang on tight for as long as you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think we share a special relationship. She is a not-so-mini me. I am so glad to hear that you hated it when they left home. Not that they left home, but because you hated it and it left a huge hole in your heart. That's exactly how I feel just thinking about it and it's still 5 years away. I don't want her to leave. Tonight we played monopoly just us two girls. We had fun and she won. I am trying to hang on. Thanks for knowing the feeling.

      Delete
  6. Your fireworks photo is perfect! I'm sure Elexis will still call on you first when she needs something or just someone to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get that way thinking about it too... Josh will be a SENIOR. :o/ BOO HOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, in 5 years...you get to "grow up" again...so what do you want to be when you grow up?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.