May Blog Challenge

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Just take look, it's in a book...

Day 25: What was your favorite childhood book?

From a very early age, I have loved reading.  Reading will take you anywhere, any time period, any type of character.  I think the first book I  learned to read by myself was the Poky Little Puppy (I will have to check with my mom on that).  I loved that book.  Pretty much any of the Little Golden Books were my favorite.


My favorite chapter book when I was in second grade, was Kavik, the wolf dog.  I read this book several times.  In fact, the cover fell off I read it so much.

The Indian in the Cupboard - If I can find my copy of this, I am so reading it again.  Man I love this series.  Checking the library now!


Babysitter's Club - These girls were my best friends.  I owned a lot, but I read all of them.  By far my most favorite books ever!

Really I could go on and on...like Sweet Valley High, Little House on the Prairie, Christopher Pike, The Boxcar Children, on and on and on....

I was a very passionate reader, still am when I have the time.  I would pretty much read anything.  I have passed this love on to my daughter.  The girl loves her some books.  :)

Photo Day 25: From an angle:
Here is another wedding picture, I am almost finished editing them all.  Now to make a DVD and a proof book.  There are of the arch of candles they were married in front of.  









11 comments:

  1. Oh I remember reading Poky little puppy to my boys when they were small. My grandkiddos love to read as well. Darian is 15 and he is a sci-fi freak. And Harley is getting into some of those 'teen girl' books. What does Elexis like to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elexis reads a lot of everything. She likes historical fiction and sci-fi and fantasy type. She likes mysteries. Her favorite series are Warrior Cats which she has been reading since she was 7 and Harry Potter. She has read all the Harry Potter's two or three times. She does read some teen-girl stuff too. She is like her mommy and reads a little bit of everything.

      Delete
  2. Some of the books you mentioned were some of the books my daughter read when she was young.
    Oozing Out My Ears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good classic books. I love them. I want to go back and read the now.

      Delete
  3. Cristy, one of the reasons I love reading so much is because it allows you to escape and go anywhere you want without leaving the comfort of your favorite chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! And, the imagination will usually beat out reality. A great way of escapism.

      Delete
  4. I'm like you, a lifelong reader. I go through occasional lulls but then I remember how much I love reading. This year I set myself a goal of reading 50 books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same way. Usually after I finish a series I go into a funk until I find something else that catches my eye. I will definitely try to book challenge last year.

      Delete
  5. Apparently my initial favorite was The Digginest Dog (my dad still has it memorized), but the first favorite I remember is The Monster At The End of The Book. hehehe "Don't turn the page! Don't you understand there's a monster at the end of this book?!" Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that book for my kids too!

      Delete
    2. That sounds like a fun book. I want to read it now as an adult.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.