May Blog Challenge

Friday, July 12, 2013

My loyal subjects...

Day 12: Who or what do you take the most pictures of?

This question was made specifically for me.  I take a TON of pictures; probably over 25,000 in the past couple of years.  I have gone through photography school and have had a variety of different subjects.  I love taking pictures of architecture and and animals, but that doesn't even come close to the amount of pictures I have taken of my favorite subject.

I take the most pictures of my kid and my family.  They are my favorite subjects.  Poor Elexis got tired of being my subject in photography school.  She likes to be behind the lens like her mama.  I also take an abnormally large amount of pictures of my cat.  Really though, I just love taking pictures of anything.  Especially if it has character or texture.

Photo Day 12: Sometimes I...go to I get to go to Ikea for the first time and look at these awesome rooms, like this beautiful kitchen.







11 comments:

  1. Oh wow I had no idea you were so into photography, but I guess now I think about, you do have a lot of lovely pictures in your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had an avid interest in photography from a young age. Not all of those 25,000 pictures were usable pictures. I tend to overshoot and weed out the bad ones during editing.

      Delete
  2. I am not a picture taker, although I'm trying to get better about visually documenting what's going on around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are getting better. Your on instagram and that is a good start.

      Delete
  3. That is a ton of pictures. lol I try to catch important/interesting/funny stuff, but man you must photograph everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to take a picture at least everyday. During school I was taking about 250 a week. After school, I don't think I touched camera for about a week. Now I go for creative.

      Delete
  4. Our 'adopted' daughter is the same about taking pictures. Her kids automatically drop into 'pose mode' when the camera comes out. It is so funny. They just stop, pose, smile.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Elexis is pretty much in avoidance mode. She puts a fake smile on, and that makes me nuts!! I like catching her candid expressions.

      Delete
  5. 25,000 is a lot of photos in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. The first time I rolled my camera past 10,000...I about died.

      Delete
  6. LOL... the stagers at IKEA are pretty wild aren't they? If I could only get my whole house staged... LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.