May Blog Challenge

Monday, July 22, 2013

The top 5

Day 22:  What are your 5 biggest pet peeves

1.  Entitlement junkies - people who think they are owed something just because.  And, I am not just talking about lower income people.  This stretches across all class and economic lines.  If you want something, work for it.  Don't expect to get it for free.

2.  People who don't practice movie theatre etiquette.  Please don't text or make a phone call or use those stupid laser pointers.  And, don't be offended when I tell you to take it to the hall or read the text messages with you (yes, I have done this...the guy got annoyed and left).

3.  Rude drivers.  Use your turn signal.  Don't drive slow in the passing lane...if you have a line of people behind you...get over!!  Don't be obnoxious with your weaving in and out of traffic.  And, my car is equipped with a radio I don't need you to share your bass thumping music with me.  Also, obey the traffic signs/lights.  We all have someplace to be, you are not more important than me.

4.  For my husband:  Putting your clothes right next to the hamper and then telling me "I'm going to wear that again."  Really?!  No, your not.  You will accumulate 5 of them before I finally scoop them up and put them in the hamper or washer.  I told him the other day..."You are not going to wear 5 shirts at once!"

5.  Lack of parenting.  I predict our prisons will be even more overcrowded in the next 5 to 10 years.  People need to parent their children a little more instead of friending them.

Photo Day 22: an ordinary moment -
Decluttering and reorganizing the computer room.



FYI: I wrote and published this with 4 minutes to spare before it's tomorrow.  haha!


14 comments:

  1. soo agree with you on number 3, seriously! I wish people who blast their music realize how obnoxious they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Especially at 3:30 in the morning and someone is thumping their bass. Ugh!

      Delete
  2. With ya on lots of those. The hamper thing, do what lots of Mom's do to break their children of that habit. If it's not in the hamper don't wash them. I've heard it over and over again from parents that it seems to work. Pretty soon the kids run out of clothes...and ask why they don't have anything to wear. And/or start folding or hanging them up if he says he's going to wear them again...take him at his word...I'm thinking he'll soon get on board.
    Pet Peeves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, tried that. He would stick it all in there at once AFTER I got all the laundry done. Now I just give him dirty looks until he puts it in the hamper.

      Delete
  3. Is your husband and my husband brothers? My husband will bring his clothes down from the bedroom and throw them on the floor next to the hamper. Drives me NUTS.
    OMG! So right that parents should not friend their kids, parents need to have boundaries for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most annoying thing ever!! Every day I go in there and there is something NEXT to the hamper!!

      Delete
  4. I could have turned #3 into 5 peeves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Especially after traffic yesterday!! Sometimes I wish I drove a tank!

      Delete
  5. Totally with ya 110% on all accounts. Seriously, we could be peeve-clones. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everything you said! You are a wise chick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! These things just piss me off...lol

      Delete
  7. 1. A lot of children these days are like that. What are we doing wrong?
    2. OMG...what is wrong with people. Do it before coming into the theater, please and thank you!
    3. The loud radios gets me the most. Keep that loud crappy music to yourself. Your car radio is for your personal enjoyment not mine.
    4. Phil throws his over the door of his armoire. Drives me batty!
    5. I hope you're wrong about this, but I fear you may be right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know. It makes me sad. It's because the parents are too busy making sure their kids have a false sense of entitlement. We let Elexis know if she wants something she has to work for it. Theater etiquette or lack there of drives me crazy. I am one of those people who can't keep quiet about it. Exactly, about the car radio. I sometimes get a headache if they are behind me too long. I think men find things to do to make us batty. I hope I am wrong too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.