May Blog Challenge

Friday, July 5, 2013

Someone Special

Day 5: Post a picture of something or someone that made your day special

Yesterday was my anniversary.  We had a great day.  I grilled hamburgers for my mom and dad and my family.  We watched a movie and then headed to the park for the fireworks.  I am very fortunate to live within walking distance of the park where they shot off fireworks this year.  Here are a couple of pictures.





Photo Day 5: Sweet

Gigi's Cupcakes

I just want to apologize for being a bad blogger lately.  I haven't really had time to visit and comment on other blogs or really comment back on the wonderful comments I have received.  This will change on Sunday.  Tomorrow I will be at an all day concert that Toby Keith and Garth Brooks have put together.  I have so much to talk about and no time to write down the words.  This will change on Sunday, so be prepared for an onslaught of comments on all of your past few days worth of posts.  I think of you guys as an extended part of my family and want you all to know I appreciate you.  




20 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it Christy! We all have those times when we just can't fit visiting and commenting into our busy lives :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I am glad you are back. I've been missing ya for the past couple of weeks. The bahamas looked beautiful though. Can't wait to catch up on yours.

      Delete
  2. Oh and btw! Happy anniversary and have a fabulous time at the concert!! Sounds like you're having a ton of fun. See I'm here and I forgot to comment lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just hope the concert isn't too hot. It's outdoors.

      Delete
  3. happy anniversaty! so glad you got to see fireworks without traveling far. ours got rained out, so just watched on tv. found you via paula's palce blog and the july blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And thanks for stopping by. I will definitely be checking out your blog. I like to return the love. Sorry your fireworks got rained out. Best fireworks I have ever seen live is in NYC. Those were awesome! I still watch them on TV too.

      Delete
  4. Family time is priceless. I am glad you enjoyed your 4th celebrations x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family looks gorgeous as always. Toby Keith and Garth Brooks in the same building? I wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flora!! Yes, the concert is going to be held at OU stadium. 80,000 people. yikes!

      Delete
  6. Love the pictures of your family. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula. Your hot dog picture made me hungry. :)

      Delete
  7. Great photos! Everyone looks so happy! :-) The concert sounds like a blast. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison. It was a pretty relaxed day. I hope the concert is a blast. I am sure it will be.

      Delete
  8. Yes! Bring on the onslaught! hehehehe Glad you had such a great anniversary day. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you Lizzy...lol. My poor keyboard will be begging for mercy tomorrow. lol.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Yes, they are. I can only usually eat a few bites and that is enough. They are rich and very delicious.

      Delete
  10. Did you make those cupcakes? Do you do cookies too? I'm totally making at trip up to Oklahoma just to bake with you now! :) Wouldn't that be fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those particular cupcakes I did not, but I do make them. Yes, I do cookies. We will get together one of these days and bake away!! That would be awesome! We would probably would burn a few batch while talking and laughing.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.