May Blog Challenge

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The staple of my kitchen

Day 30: What is the one thing you cannot do without in the kitchen?

This is an easy one: the microwave!  I use it all the time.  I recently put to the test on how well I would do without it when mine went out a month ago.  I was so sad.  I loved that microwave.   I replaced it that day with the newer version of mine.  I now have a button just to soften butter or cream cheese.  These are awesome for me because the urge to bake cookies sometimes comes fast and furious and I soften the butter in the micro.  It's pretty and stainless steel.

Excuse the mess in the background


Photo Day 30: Pretty

I went to the zoo today (surprised?).  I mainly went for the exercise.  I walked 2.57 miles.  I went as soon as they opened and temperature wise it wasn't too bad.  Best part, it wasn't crowded.  When I left though, the stroller brigades were in full force.  I love the PRETTY colors of the flamingo.  I love the expression I caught on the hippo's face!!  






7 comments:

  1. I picked the microwave, too! ;-)

    Love the hippo's expression.

    And I tagged you for an award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't live without the microwave!! Oh, yay!! I will definitely play along. Thanks you are too sweet!

      Delete
  2. Yes! A microwave is a must. Love the picture of the hippo! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It's my favorite animal. I love to get pictures of animals sticking their tongues out.

      Delete
  3. Our microwave stopped working last summer, so we went without one for two weeks. Phil was out of town, so we waited until he returned before buying a new one because he has certain rules for electronics (men :-)). I honestly don't know how I managed two whole weeks without a microwave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you survived without it for two weeks. I would have starved!! haha

      Delete
  4. OH.MY.GAWD... you have a button to ... soften butter? That's like... outrageous! WOW! I hate mine because the button to open the door doesn't work. so you press it in...and then STILL have to pull the door open with your other hand. It's annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.