May Blog Challenge

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My life story...in 250 words or less

Welcome to the May Challenge.  I am excited.

Day 1: My life story in 250 words (or one paragraph) or less.  This is really hard.  How do I sum up my life in one paragraph....oh well, here goes.

I was born and partly raised in a small town in Oklahoma.  My parents divorced when I was 7.  I lived a few years off and on with my grandma.  Most of my fondest memories are with her.  I met my husband when I was a senior in high school (he was a sophomore in college).  We were married on the 4th of July when I was 19.  We moved to Houston after he graduated college.  We lived there for 11 months and 16 days.  One of the most traumatic experiences of my life happened while we were there.  But, I also became pregnant with my daughter during that time.  We moved back to Oklahoma to my husband's hometown.  We have lived here ever since.  We have a 13 year old daughter, who is wonderful.  We also have two dogs and a cat. I have a brother in the Army.  I also have a half-sister who is 13 years younger than me.  She is married to a Marine.  I have a step-sister who lives in Texas with her Army husband.  I have a step-brother who is in college at Oklahoma State.  Lastly, I have a step-sister who lives here in Oklahoma.  I have 8 nephews (my daughter is a bit of a princess). I have a great group of friends who I adore.  I am a professional photographer and a professional cake decorator.  I enjoy crafting, reading and sewing and baking.  I love life.

Ok...I think that is around 250.  If you want to see other's life stories, join me and other bloggers over at Story of My Life.



A little something extra and exciting!!  My sister (the one married to the Marine) is having her baby today.  I cannot wait to see pictures of my newest nephew.  I wish I could be in NC to be with her, but I am there in spirit.  Yay!!

12 comments:

  1. Interesting life story! Congratulations on the new nephew. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, He was born at 7:25 eastern time this morning. He weighed 10lbs! He is wonderful. It was hard to write a life story in 250 words.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really enjoyed reading your life story, and wow, 8 nephews! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new nephew! That's very exciting!

    I love the sound of your life! Professional photographer and cake decorator! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The pictures I have seen of him are adorable. I got to FaceTime with my sister and get to hear his sweet baby sounds. I can't wait to hold him.

      Delete
    2. My life is not perfect, but is mine and I love it. You live in Canada, I find that soo cool. I watch a lot of hgtv and most of their shows are filmed in Canada and I just want a house with a basement now!! Lol

      Delete
  4. That's a great life story. Fourth of July is indeed a special day. :) You've got one big happy family, must be fun whenever you all meet up together and congrats on your new nephew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. :) Getting together with my family can get a little crazy. We don't get together very often as a big group because they are spread out all over the country. I look forward to getting to know you more through the challenge. :)

      Delete
  5. I am happy to learn a bit more about you. You are my inspiration Cristy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet, Paula. You are an inspiration to me as well. You are such a strong person and take "in health and sickness" to a whole new meaning for me. I love your spirit and drive. I am very happy to have met you through blogging. :)

      Delete
  6. I'd love to have such a large family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.