May Blog Challenge

Monday, May 6, 2013

It's what I do

Day 6 - What do you do?  That is a loaded question.  It might be shorter if I told you what I didn't do (sleep like a normal person...for example).  But, here goes...

On a typical Monday - Friday
I am an alarm clock for my family
I am the breakfast provider
I am the note signer and ATM for lunch money
I am the personal chauffeur to school
I am the laundry doer
I am the dish washer
I am the maid
I am the petsitter
I am the domino player for 2 77 year olds and an 89 year old
I am the listener to piano practice and voice lessons
I am the listener for cello practice
I am the chauffeur home or other after school activities
I am the head chef of dinner
I am the primary scheduler and appointment setter
I am the costumer designer for a local drama school
I am the chauffeur of daughter and friends to various activities
I am the finder of lost items
I am the primary purchaser of groceries and household items
I am the general overseer of projects
I am the homework helper
I am the bedtime enforcer
Most importantly: I am the very proud Mom of my 13 year old daughter and the proud wife of my extremely smart husband.

Other things I do:
I bake...A LOT
I take pictures...A LOT
I work out...ehhh, I don't like to do this one as much, but I do.
I am a friend who will help out if I can
I am a great listener
I am a lover of God and prayer

I love my crazy busy life.  We usually have something going on most evenings and weekends.  I wouldn't change it.  I am trying to live life to the fullest.

What do you do?  Join Story of My Life to see what others do.

14 comments:

  1. It's overwhelming to break down the jobs we do on a regular basis, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. I am sure I probably left some out...lol

      Delete
  2. I like the list presentation, succinct!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's the only way I knew how to get it all down...

      Delete
  3. I am Tired, just reading your list. I'll bet you are a terrific mom and wife. I know you are a great friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Paula. Some days I just want a nap. I can honestly say I think I am a good mom and wife. I think you are a terrific wife (and Nana) as well. It takes a lot to take in kids that weren't born to you and raise them as your own. I guess we just do what we need to do.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks. I am enjoying reading your blog. :)

      Delete
  5. Whew! What a list, right? You're one busy lady, but with a happy, full life it sounds like. I'm so impressed by your list, especially the part about making costumes...that's huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming. I just take it one day at a time. lol I do like making costumes. It's really rewarding at the end of production to see all my hard work on stage.

      Delete
  6. I love how you laid it all out. It's the truth!! You do a lot!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy! And you do most of that in one 24 hour day?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of it, some of it is only once a week things, but a lot of it I do every day.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.