May Blog Challenge

Friday, May 3, 2013

Things that make me uncomfortable

Day 3 of Blog everyday in May - Something that makes you feel uncomfortable.

This one is a hard post for me.  I have a very high comfort level, but some things really make me feel like I could disappear into the floor.

The first thing: Good couple friends who fight in front of me, in a car.  I didn't realize how uncomfortable this made me, until I was in that position.  I was ready to walk home (even if it were 10 miles away).  I still can't hear the Adele - Rolling in the Deep without thinking of this uncomfortable moment.

Next: People who treat service people like crap...especially if I am with them.  I get very embarrassed and uncomfortable when people treat waiters or cashiers like they are beneath them.  I usually overcompensate by tipping very well and being overly nice.

And: People who are mean to their children in public.  Not to be confused with discipline or consequences, but being berating and condescending to their children for the sole purpose of embarrassing them and making the parent feel like more of a human.

Lastly: Strangers that overshare about their <ahem> bedroom antics.  I am not a prude, but I believe some things should best be left unsaid to complete stranger...

Funny story though: Today my husband gave me a hug in the donut shop we go to every Friday.  The ladies know us very well.  We have been going every Friday for years.  One of the ladies said "Hey, you guys don't need to be hugging in here." (she was joking).  I laughed and said "well all the heat will help the donuts rise"  Everyone in the donut shop laughed loudly.  But, I got to thinking some people are uncomfortable with public displays of affection.

What makes you uncomfortable?  Come over to Story of My LIfe and share.


10 comments:

  1. I am in agreement with all of yours. This was a hard post for me for some reason. But we are hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is because people don't like to talk about what makes them uncomfortable. It shows vulnerability. Yes, we are hanging in there. You are a real trooper for doing this 3 months in a row. I think it is a good outlet for you.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Paula too. Today's post was a tough one. Hugs in the donut shop, I think that's sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was not my favorite topic. But, we got through it. :)

      Delete
  3. I could have gone on and on with my list of things that make me uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Especially after reading other people's list and realizing some of theirs were mine as well.

      Delete
  4. Public fighting is really awkward. I dislike it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It makes things awkward. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Some of these make me uncomfortable as well. One thing that really makes me uncomfortable is when I'm with someone and they're talking on their cell phone loudly and we're in public.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.