May Blog Challenge

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A picture is worth a thousand words...sometimes no words at all

Day 28, Tuesday: Only pictures

I have to give captions.  These are my tornado aftermath pictures.  Pictures don't do it justice.  Some of these are photojournalist and some are artistic perspective.  Warning - There are a lot of pictures.  I have even more that I am working on editing and I will post to my flickr account.  


Hospital that was hit

Closer view of the hospital.  The cars embedded in the building.

Keys left on the hood of a demolished car.

Street signs from next to the bowling alley.

The sense of community - helping each other out.  

News crews from everywhere.

The 7-11 I went to at least twice a week.

There used to be houses here.

Just because I found it humorous

The bowling alley - the aerial view you can see the lanes.

Twisted metal around a tree.

A billboard sign

Cars from the interstate were brought to the Warren Movie Theatre parking lot.

I felt very sorry for this Santa hat.

Where the most intense part of the tornado hit.

Orr Family Farm.  Right next door 88 horses were killed.  It was a riding school.

Air Force One - Sunday

It flew right over my house and landed at the Air Force Base my husband worked at.

Daycare - 2 workers and three kids survived from here.
See more pictures at Story of my life.


13 comments:

  1. Wow, these remind me of hurricane damage to my hometown after Hurricanes Camille and Katrina. I'm from Ocean Springs, Mississippi. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only know that devastation through pictures. I can't imagine what it looked like first hand. Mississippi and Alabama are two states I want to visit for an extended period of time to soak in the culture.

      Delete
  2. These pictures make me sad. I can't believe 88 horses died! So awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were other animals too, but mostly horses. It was extremely sad. One of the stable hands tried to release as many as he could to give them a chance.

      Delete
  3. wow.... So much destruction. I'm also sad for the horses. :( They probably knew what was coming before anybody else....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they did. Some survived, but most died. It was sad.

      Delete
  4. Oh these make me so sad! Such destruction. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. More destruction than I ever want to see again, but living in Oklahoma there is a good chance I will see it again.

      Delete
  5. I wonder if the keys were there through the tornado. I'm always amazed at the things that were left untouched when there's absolute destruction around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt strong feelings of loss and sadness while looking at the photos. The Santa hat is very artistically captured, it speaks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in Texas...this hits close to home....figuratively and literally. I have a dear friend in OKC and this stuff just scares the shit out of me. :(

    I watched and listened.... in utter horror at what was happening. :(

    Sigh....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.