May Blog Challenge

Monday, May 20, 2013

Suffering...

Day 20, Monday: Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now


Anxiety.  My ugly little "A" word.

I am a person that likes structure and order and predictable.  When there are unknowns, it throws me for a loop.  I don't sleep well with anxiety and my mind often wonders, usually to the problem I am anxious about.  

I had a mild panic attack last night.  I am the costume designer for The Music Man musical my daughter is in.  I pretty much have two and half weeks to get costumes done and I haven't even started (cue heart palpitations).  In my defense I do not have access to the storage where all the costumes are and I wont be able to go until Wednesday.  I am hoping and praying that there are the majority of costumes in there and I only have to make a few pieces.  I am also still waiting on a final cast list.  Agh!  Huge source of frustration and struggle right now.  Too many unknowns.  Come mid-June I will be good again.  Last year I outfitted 60 + people in three different costumes for Hairspray in about 3 weeks.  Apparently I work best under pressure.  I still don't like having to wait on other people to do my job.  

I am also struggling with wanting to get up and around these last two days of school.  I am ready to just sleep in.  

Those are my struggles.  I feel like a 'debbie downer' now.  So I leave you with something a little more uplifting.  My daughter in her dance recital number.  She was in a tap routine to a song called Trickle Trickle.  




9 comments:

  1. Telling it like it is not Debbie Downer-ish it's just being honest. We all have our "stuff" we'd like to overcome. Heaven know's I do :)
    So you're a costume designer? Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you are such an involved parent! Good for you!
    That's a cute picture of your daughter, being on stage scares me so kudos to her too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really involved. I like to know what is happening in my daughter's life so I volunteer a lot. Thanks. She loves to be on stage.

      Delete
  3. I cannot believe your daughter is only 13. She is so pretty! And being a costume designer would put me in a panic in a heartbeat. Be sure to show them to us when you are done! And have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am usually good under pressure. Hopefully that will stay true. I will absolutely show you guys. I hope you have a great day too, Paula.

      Delete
  4. That is such a cute photo of your daughter. If you do what you did last year for Hairspray on a regular basis, I can understand why you're anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY CRAP those are some UNBELIEVABLE Deadlines to work around... I'd have a freakin panic attack (mostly because I don't sew!) HAhahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know how I missed this post, but just have to say what a stunner your baby is! And you, Mrs. Designer of the entire show....I am so impressed. I hope you'll share pics afterwards as I'd love to see them

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.