May Blog Challenge

Friday, May 10, 2013

Oh, How embarrassing...

Day 10 - Your most embarrassing moment...

I have written this post before, but its worthy of retelling.

Two of my embarrassing moments:


I was thirteen when this happened and I lived in a very small town.  the town had a stoplight, but it had quit working years earlier.  I had just gotten my first period.  I went to the grocery store with my mom and my brother, who is two and half years younger than me.  A boy that I liked worked there (what child labor laws....).  So I am very quietly discussing with my mom what kind of stuff to get.  My brother bored with the whole conversation, announces very loudly "Cristy, just get the curved pads."  I immediately just grabbed something and hightailed it out of that aisle.  But, who did I run into on the very next aisle, of course the boy I liked.  He had heard the whole conversation.  Yikes!

Second story: I was fifteen and living in a college town.  My dad had remarried and him and my stepmom had my little sister.  She was three at the time of this story.  My family ordered in pizza a lot, like six out of seven days a lot (I hate pizza...).  On this one particular day I was playing with my little sister.  She wanted to play makeup.  So I let her put her fake eyeshadow, blush and lipstick on me; like she had done a thousand times before.  She was applying the fake powder to me when the doorbell rang.  I looked out the window and the pizza guy was hot.  He was a young college kid and very good looking.  So I yelled that I would get the pizza.  I grabbed the check and yanked open the door.  I smiled and talked to him and got our pizzas.  He kind of had a weird look on his face, but I didn't think anything of it.  I shut the door and my dad and stepmom bust out laughing.  I ran to the mirror.  Turns out they had gotten my sister this semi play makeup and I had lovely blue streaks kind of on my eyes, some pretty hot pink all over my cheeks, and the prettiest orange lips.  And, to top it all off, white splotches from the powder.  It was soo embarrassing to know another person, besides my family, saw me like that.  Even twenty years later, I still wont let my sister put makeup on me.

Though it didn't embarrass me, it could have; but when I was 15 I was on a mission trip in Colorado with my church.  Being in the high altitude, I got a lot of nose bleeds.  After my 12th nose bleed, everyone in our van was out of tissues.  We were going to tour the capital building in Denver and I got another nosebleed.  We were a van full of 6 girls and 3 boys.  After not finding anything to catch the blood, one of the girls offered up a pad.  I was okay with it, because it was extremely absorbent.  So when we got to the capital, I walk in there with a pad under my nose and the security guy was very shocked.  We all thought it was funny.


Really though, I don't embarrass easily.  I think my daughter takes after me, she doesn't embarrass easily either.  I can usually embarrass her by dancing wildly in public...gets her every time.

Head over to Story of my Life to read other embarrassing tales.



14 comments:

  1. So sweet, about your sister. But I understand where your 'fear' of letting her put make-up on your face comes from.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, the pad story is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I can laugh about it now. At the time it was mortifying.

      Delete
  3. That first story is a crack-up! Nice brother. Don't we just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The third one is hilarious!
    And why do all our embarrassing stories have to involve that cute guy we like lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And when you throw feminine hygiene products in, its a disaster.

      Delete
  5. The pad wouldn't have embarrassed me either, and I am easily embarrassed; however, I think I would've thought about chocking my little brother for that stunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He got what was coming to him. That was back when I was bigger than him. Now he stands 8 inches taller than me.

      Delete
  6. I'm sometimes glad I didn't have a brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea. Several times I asked my parents to trade him in for a puppy.

      Delete
  7. The first story at the counter is embarrassing..eek! I laughed out loud with the shocked security guard and the absorbent pad. I can imagine his expression. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He stopped in mid sentence to express his surprise...it was funny to our whole group.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.