May Blog Challenge

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Today I am thankful for:

Today I am thankful for my child.  She is definitely a mini me.  We baked cookies tonight and pushed all of each other's buttons; but we laughed and learned.  I have no pictures; just the memories.

I know I brag on her a lot, but I am her mom and that is my job...  I am honestly so in awe of her talents and her incredible smartness.  On Friday she was given 40 periodic table elements to memorize with the correct symbols and atomic numbers and the girl got it after looking at the paper three times.  Her ability to remember is so impressive.  On Saturday, I had the best time with her.   She had a lego league competition.  It was so impressive.  Twenty two teams built robots out of legos and programmed them to do certain tasks on a board; like push a lego ambulance to a runway.  I have pictures, but I am still in the process of getting everything back on my hard drive.  Any way - my point... I was looking at the future generation of engineers and it was highly impressive.   And, my daughter was right in the middle of it.  

I love her heart.  She is a sweet girl that never wants to hurt anyone's feelings.  She is a very loyal friend.  She wants to make sure no one feels left out and everyone feels included.  She always tries to help her friends out if they need it.  She helps them with their math and the physics portion in Science.  

She is my baby and she always will be.  I am so excited to see what all she is going to accomplish.  She has turned into a wonderful young adult and I can't wait to see all that God has in store for her.  

I love you, Elexis.  

Taken a couple of weeks ago.  

6 comments:

  1. lol That's so cute. My mom and I push each other's buttons all the time. I think it expresses more love to be able to laugh about that than people who are overly polite with their families.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! We are definitely not overly polite around each other...sometimes we are downright rude! lol

      Delete
  2. Elexis is very lucky to have you as her mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...that is very sweet. Thank you for saying that. I am lucky to have her, I know that for sure.

      Delete
  3. All that is so sweet. Your daughter sounds like a genius, I am the worst when it comes to memorizing school stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea where she gets it from. She amazes me with her memorization skills.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.