May Blog Challenge

Saturday, November 9, 2013

That red tart berry


Cranberries: 

I love cranberry sauce.  I like the fresh stuff; my husband likes the jelly stuff from a can and sliced.  We always try to have both.  I have always just made traditional cranberry sauce with just the sugar and cranberries.  I love it both warm and cold.  If I eat it cold, it has to be on top of a slice of turkey or mixed in the mashed potatoes (which is very unlike me. I like my food separate).  

I am very excited to try my friend Paula's recipe for Cranberry Relish.  I like the thought of adding a citrus to it.  I love me some orange marmalade.  I may be able to even persuade hubby and Elexis to try it.  

I am joining my friend Paula (yup the same one who provided the recipe) in talking about Thanksgiving through the month of November.  

4 comments:

  1. I never used to eat it until hubby convinced me to try a bite of the canned stuff and now I eat almost half the can every year... >_>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the only way hubby will eat it. He can't stand real cranberry sauce.

      Delete
  2. We love it out of the can too. We eat it all year long with all kinds of meals. Darian and Harley really like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to trying your recipe. I might make a double batch just to eat on it longer.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.