May Blog Challenge

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween 2013

Yes, so I am almost a week late posting about Halloween.  That was a busy day for me.  I hit the gym that morning and then the real fun began.  I went home and put on my costume for the day.  Every year for the last 7 years, I have been Minnie Mouse.  I paid a lot of money for the costume and I want to make sure I get my full money's worth out of it.  Whenever I put on that red polka dotted dress, I instantly feel happy and giddy and down right pretty.  I love the compliments I get on the costume.

First I went to my mom's work and delivered the goodies I made for her work party.  I made Halloween Puppy Chow and Oreo ball ghosts.  Both turned out really cute.  While I was there, I made frosting and frosted cupcakes for a lady.  Powdered sugar and black sleeves and tights make an interesting combination.  Luckily, I didn't get it all over me...  After I left there, I was on a baby gate mission.  We had a baby gate up until 2 years ago.  It was one that screwed into the wall and we used it to keep our dogs confined to one part of the house while we were gone.  My pug, Delilah, is very mischievous and you wouldn't believe some of the stuff we found in her bed.  So after I left my mom's work, I went to Walmart.  I didn't really like any of their gates (or some of the prices) so I went over to Babies R Us.  I am still in my costume.  People stop me a lot and tell me that they love it.  I have only had one person in my 7 years of wearing it, say something negative about it.  He said I was too old to dress up and I should act more like a lady.  Whatever!  Babies R Us' gates were a little high, so my husband (who was in the woods 'hunting' (if you call texting me all day hunting)) suggested a resell baby shop.  I thought that was a good idea.  So I went to a resell shop and found a gate, but I couldn't figure out the gate.  Finally the people at the front helped me figure it out.  Some of them didn't even know how it worked.  One of the workers was so excited I was Minnie Mouse that she wanted to take a picture with me.  So, I took a picture with a complete stranger. haha.

So after purchasing my baby gate (which I am taking back today), I decided that since I was in that part of the city, to visit the Disney Store.  I walked in and all the workers pretty much flipped out.  They were so in awe of my costume and asked me where I got it.  I got it from the Disney Store online, for the record.  They said that people come in all the time looking for adult costumes.  They loved it.  I did go into the Disney Store with a purpose: to find a cute little purse to hold my key and cell phone because my costume has no pockets.  I did not find one.  I left there and came home and made no bake cookies for my mother in law whose birthday was the day before.  I also took some red velvet cupcakes that were decorated as monster eyes over to my neighbor.  I got to see their new little fluffy puppy.  I went and picked my daughter up from school and took her home to get ready.

This was her last year to trick or treat.  This makes me very very sad.  This also means I don't get to walk around with her.  Like last year, this year we went to her best friend's neighborhood (our neighborhood doesn't really participate in trick or treating).  Her neighborhood gives out good candy. Elexis even got a full size kit kat this year.  After the girls finished getting ready, we started out.  It was cold.  I had on a jacket and gloves and still froze my booty off.  After walking the first half of the neighborhood (its two giant circles where the houses are on acre plots) we went back to her house and regrouped.  I decided that I was just going to drive them to the second circle and follow in the car.  Therefore, I got to be toasty in my car, and by that time my feet were killing me.  All in all it was a really fun day and I look forward to it every year.  Next year I am thinking a Halloween Party!  Elexis got a great haul of candy which she has not touched since that night.  But...we also have a lot of other sweet stuff hanging out around the house.  I need to start gathering recipes to turn that candy into desserts.  Here are some pictures from that night.  Also thrown into the mix is some pictures from the previous night when we did Haunt the Zoo.  Basically a trick or treat trail at the zoo.

Monster eye red velvet cupcakes

Oreo Ball ghosts

At Haunt the Zoo with some storm troopers

Haunt the Zoo with Cinderella.

Me in my costume.  

Elexis was a pirate this year.  Yay for free costume from her voice teacher.

Me and my girl.

Her candy haul.

I am a bit OCD about it.  I like to see what all she got.  What better way than to organize it.

Elexis' first 4 years costumes.  I still love the Honey Pot.  You can definitely tell mom picked out the costumes.

What can I say...like mother like daughter.  

Elexis and I at a pumpkin patch.  This place was destroyed by the tornado.  I am so glad that they got it rebuilt in time to open this year.  

7 comments:

  1. You really, really like Halloween! I wasn't much into Halloween when my boys were small and I don't have many pictures. This is the first year that neither Harley or Darian went trick or treating. Both stayed home and watched TV and I took a nap in my room. Are we boring or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like boring. I do like Halloween a lot, but not as much as my sister. Her birthday is the day before Halloween and it is her favorite holiday (even above Christmas).

      Delete
    2. My grandpa's birthday was on Halloween day!

      Delete
    3. That is so fun! My sister wishes she would have waited 6 more hours to make an entrance and then her birthday would have been on Halloween.

      Delete
    4. Except my grandpa didn't like it!

      Delete
  2. Holy crap that's an amazing haul!! I wanna go trick-or-treating in THAT neighborhood! Your costume is absolutely adorable and poo on anybody that thinks otherwise. You're never too old to dress up for Halloween! People that don't dress up deserve to be pestered by restless spirits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Last year...same thing! I totally agree about dressing up. I already warned Elexis that when her kids are old enough to trick or treat, I will be out there with them in my Minnie Mouse costume, whether it fits or not...haha!

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.