May Blog Challenge

Sunday, November 24, 2013

The best day

We have really book nerded it up this weekend.  First we started off the weekend by watching Catching Fire last night.  Movie was FANTASTIC!  I loved it and can't wait to see it again on IMAX.

This morning we got up and drove two hours away (Paula, I was only three hours from you!) to a Harry Potter Convention.  I wasn't sure we were going to get to make it, but some canceled rehearsals due to the ice we got yesterday; we were able to go.  We had a blast.  I got to pet some owls, I got to hold an owl.  We watched a Quiddich match and put our names into the goblet of fire to be chosen for the Tri Wizard Championship (we weren't drawn).  We got to see deleted clips from the British version of the first HP movie.  We also got to meet the head post-production guy.  Overall it was a pretty awesome day.  One I am very thankful for.  Here are some pictures from our fun day.

Ready to hit the road.

Elexis loves her Slytherin.

Mike Marshall Post-production team.  He still talks with Emma Watson and the Weasley twins.

Professor Sprout

Professor Umbridge

Love love love

Freezing to death at the Quiddich match.  It was 35*

She loved the owl as well.


This owl had an awesome story.  He was raised by a human so therefore he thinks he is human.  Eats fried chicken, hot dogs and hamburgers.  He also loves to snuggle and cuddle.  I will take him!



Flying exercise.  I love the wingspan.

OBU vs OSU Quiddich.  OSU won.  I love that they have the broomsticks.


I am joining my friend Paula in blogging about Thanksgiving every day in November.  This is an "I am thankful for"

P.S.  Hubby was extremely shocked and proud of me for holding and petting the owl.  I am deathly afraid of birds, but the owls didn't scare me.  Even when they did their wing flutter (once while on my arm).  

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really was!! I am already looking forward to next year...

      Delete
  2. How fun! Some day, some way we will meet up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to make it one of my goals of 2014 to meet up with you. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.