May Blog Challenge

Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Pecan Pie

I am joining my friend Paula and talking about Thanksgiving every day this month.

Today we talk pie...Pecan Pie.  I do not like nuts of any variety, so I don't really like this pie; but my husband loves this pie.  He took one to work about 10 years ago and this guy fell so in love with this pie he wanted the recipe so he could have his grandma make it.  He asked my husband for the recipe for a week before he finally remembered to give it to him.  The guy came back the next day and said "your wife makes it so much better".  He would come to my husband's office every couple of months or so and talk about this pie.  I had a taste of it and it was much to sweet for me, but this guy was very much in love with my pie (that almost sounds dirty...hehe).  Thanksgiving rolled around the following year and several people asked my husband to bring another Pecan Pie.  That became his go-to dessert at Thanksgiving.  He moved away from that department a few years later, but he still got email requests for that pie.  I found the original recipe on all recipes, but the recipe I have used is gone.

I haven't made this pie in about 5 years.  I think I will make it this year to send to hubby's new work.  I did a little searching on the internet and Emeril's recipe is exactly like the modifications I made (1/2 sugar 1/2 brown sugar) except to cut back on the sweetness just a little, I only use 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.   Here is a link to the original recipe here.


Ok, a little bit of great news for me.  My husband has recovered all my pictures from my pooped out drive!!!  Yay!!  Bad news...they were all renamed something else, so I have to resort and make new libraries for them.  I am hoping he can still get all my file names back to how they were, but at least I have them.  I am so happy that he is an IT guy and saved me lots of money and time of having it shipped off somewhere.  

Just for fun: Here is just a regular pecan pie recipe.  

Recipe and picture both came from here.


8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on pecan pie but it does look delicious. I am happy your husband was able to save your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always deceives me by looking and smelling good, buuut it still tastes like pecans.

      Delete
  2. Cristy, I love all nuts and pecan pie, but I haven't made one in years. It's difficult for me to bake something I won't at least get a taste of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that is where it is easier for me, I don't like them so I am not tempted. It does make hubby upset when he doesn't at least get a taste.

      Delete
  3. oh ohhhhh ooooohhhhhhh I can feel myself getting fatter just looking at it. *drools*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks and smells delicious. I can't get past the nutty flavor though. :(

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.