May Blog Challenge

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Tradition

Every year I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  Some years I am able to watch it live, others I enjoy it DVRed.  My favorite characters are Snoopy (he's a classic), and of course Mickey.  I like hearing the marching bands and sometimes like to watch the singers lip sync.

One of these days I will make it to NYC to watch this in person.  There is such an energy surrounding it all.  My ideal would to be in a Hotel along the parade route so when I got cold (we know I am going to); I could go back up to my hotel room and watch it from the comfort of a heated room.


I have joined Paula in blogging about Thanksgiving every day in November.  

4 comments:

  1. My husband loves this too. First, thing every Thanksgiving he turns it on while I am in the kitchen getting things prepared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a simplistic but effective tradition. When I got old enough to help in the kitchen I would spend the entire time running back and forth between the kitchen and living room to watch.

      Delete
  2. Awesome picture, who doesn't love Mickey! Hope you get your wish and get to go sometime.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.