May Blog Challenge

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Second Thanksgiving debate

Now we get to that all important question everyone is asked on Thanksgiving.  White or dark?  Meat on the turkey that is.  Everyone has their reasons of preferring one over the other, but that usually means the entire bird gets eaten.  None of my immediate family (hubby, daughter and I) are huge turkey eaters (but we love chicken...go figure).  Usually on Thanksgiving I go for the sides rather than the meat, but if I do get turkey; I go for white meat.  People complain that white is too dry; not when you have cranberry sauce or gravy to dip it in.  My husband prefers white as well, but usually complains about the dryness.  When we offer dark meat to him he says its too greasy so he is not easy to please, bird wise...  Elexis likes the legs, she also likes white meat too.  I guess she is the least picky when it comes to turkey.

Here is an interesting article on white vs. dark meat and the different stuff they bring to the table...haha!

I am joining my friend Paula and blogging about Thanksgiving every day in November.

4 comments:

  1. Most of my family are white/breast people. That was a fun article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby's family all prefer the dark meat so we always have plenty of white meat there. On my side, we are all pretty even.

      Delete
  2. I like breast meat best. Mine is never dry because I use those cooking bags. You have got to try it. But I like dark meat as well especially in a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is one of the drawbacks of smoked turkey is the moisture lost. But I like the flavor. When we make it in the oven it is a moister.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.