May Blog Challenge

Monday, November 18, 2013

Signature dish


My mom has been making the Green Bean Casserole for as long as I can remember.  She ALWAYS brings it to any Thanksgiving celebration.  Her company's Thanksgiving dinner was on Friday at work, and she brought the Green Bean Casserole.  What I love about my mom and her house and her food is, all food has a specific dish.  Like her potato salad and her banana pudding both have their own bowl.  If they are in a different bowl, the dish tastes totally different (probably just physiological, but we all think the same thing).  My mom's green bean casserole is prepared in this special rectangle baking dish.  I have never seen this dish used outside of the casserole (though I am sure it probably has been).


Both picture and recipe can be found here.

I am joining my friend Paula in talking about Thanksgiving the entire month of November.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I totally forgot about Green Bean Casserole. Now I need to add some things to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother makes the best green bean casserole. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.