May Blog Challenge

Friday, August 9, 2013

Time with my girl

Today I am happy I got to spend some one on one time with my daughter.  We took a mini road trip up to Tulsa (about 2 hours from me) and went to the Tulsa Zoo (imagine that, I went to the zoo!! haha).  It is about a third of the size as the OKC Zoo, but it was a nice change.  They have some animals that we don't.  Namely....PENGUINS!!  Most of the animals were very cooperative for my photographer side.  I will do a whole post on the zoo with tons of pictures.  I do have a couple I would like to share now.  The flamingos were extremely close and there was a baby!!!  After we got back from the zoo, we went and saw the new Percy Jackson movie.  Elexis has loved these books for years and she was glad that they finally made the second movie.  We spent a low key evening at home in prep for our busy weekend and really busy next week.  I love my girl and I know I have very little precious time with her and I want to soak it up.  Sometimes she gets on my every last nerve, but I know those moments will pass.  I am her parent first, but she is truly one of my best friends.

Also, tonight my husband unexpectedly brought me flowers home.  I was completely shocked.  They are so pretty.

On to some pictures:

Baby Flamingo!!  I love the gray.

Flamingo eye.  My new background on my computer.

My flowers!! 

Photo Day 9: Rice
At first I didn't want to do it.  Rice is boring.  Then I told myself "that is why this is called a challenge, to challenge yourself"  So, here is some rice.  It's long grain and wild rice.  I really loved the way it turned out.  This rice is uncooked, I liked the texture.  


8 comments:

  1. aww, flowers! that is so sweet of your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ERMAHGERD BABY FLAMINGO!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I said when I saw it...oh and squealed like a little girl!!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful photos! I can see why the flamingo eye would be your background photo--wow!!

    Sounds like a fantastic day! Hooray for unexpected flowers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colours are amazing Christy and rice is never, ever boring as you have found out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. I love Adobe Photoshop and lightroom for taking my pictures to a whole other level.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.