May Blog Challenge

Saturday, June 8, 2013

My moment

Day 7: A moment you felt most satisfied with your life.

I have a few of them.  I would say at the end of every successful production I feel most satisfied.  Especially when I have people coming up to me and telling me that the costumes look fantastic, and asking me how I am able to keep 60 kids and their multiple costumes straight (lots and lots of lists).

Also, any time my daughter gets an award of any kind.  I am just so stinkin proud of what a great human being she is turning out to be.  I love that she has morals, modesty, and conviction on all on her own and not what any outside influence has on her.

But the time that beats all that is the day that tiny 7lb 14oz bundle of joy was placed in my arms.  I couldn't believe that my body just spit out a human and that human was depending on me for everything except breathing.  My very first words were "She's so tiny".  Every time she hit a milestone, I was satisfied.  And, I still am.

I know, I know, I chose safe and predictable.  In my defense, I have had very little sleep this week.  When I can process more than "put one foot in front of the other and just keep going" I will dig a little deeper for my posts.  :)

Thanks for all the well wishes on Opening Night.  There were a couple of missed cues, but all the bodies had clothes on them and that is my accomplishment.  I am going to take more pictures tonight, and I will try to post a few tomorrow.

Day 7: An animal
My 5 year old pug - Delilah.  That dog is always happy!

Go check out more June Blog Challengers at Paula's Place.

9 comments:

  1. I think if I ever had a kid, it would also be the most satisfying moment of my life too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are great and not at all 'predictable' Happy opening night went well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Paula, I think you are great as well. Thanks, it did go well. Week one is done, now on to week 2.

      Delete
  3. Predictable or not, it was a lovely post to read. I'm sure she'd love to read it when she's big enough too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey. She usually likes reading what I post about her. :)

      Delete
  4. Child birth is immensely satisfying and so is a job well done. Praise of any kind is always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree LIsa. I always make sure I give praise to anyone who needs it.

      Delete
  5. Cristi, reading your posts touching on theatre always makes me think of my darling daughter. She had many leads in high school plays, she did make up and costuming for plays she wasn't in, she was assistant directed to the middle school play when she was in high school. One of her majors in college was Theatre, where she did all that again. The long long hours...no one realizes it's not play. She's written plays, directed and needed more hours in that major then others. Always annoys me when I hear people say, that's not work,,they're just playing when referring to a tv show, a play, a movie etc. Congrats on your opening night.
    Almost caught up with our June challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.