May Blog Challenge

Friday, March 1, 2013

31 Day Blog Challenge Day 1

Here we go...Day 1

Self Portrait and 5 Random things about myself.

There is a reason why I am a photographer...I like to be behind the lens instead of in front of it. lol

My name is Cristy.

5 Random Things about me...

1. I am very pale.  My daughter (who is 12) makes fun of me regularly that I am a vampire.  I don't regular tan, fake tan, spray tan or wear tan (haha I kid).  I went through a period of one summer where I was very tan.  I am one of those people who go from white to red to white again after I peel.  My father-in-law passed away from skin cancer so we are all very diligent about wearing sunblock.  

2.  I love running shoes.  In my closet I currently have 4 pair of Pumas, 12 pairs of Shox, and my newest shoes are Asics.  One pair of my Shox I designed and personalized.  I love all my shoes and I wear them all.  Some I have had for more than 7 years because I rotate them so they stay in good shape.  My go-to pair of shoes right now are my purple puma running shoes.  I got them for 1/2 off and I love them.

3.  I hate flying.  It gives me high anxiety.  I would much rather drive to a location than fly.  Also, when I am on a road trip I try not to stop unless I have to.  Usually that means gas and food at the same time.  My husband likes to stop a lot.  He would stop every 30-45 minutes if I let him. I have flown 7 or 8 times, once by myself.  My husband is very good about letting me squeeze the crap out of his hand during takeoff and landing.  I also touch the outside of the plane and pray before I even get on.  

4.  Tomorrow is my last day of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30.  This is the first time I have ever stuck out a workout.  Some days were wayyy harder than others and I got a sinus thing in the middle of weeks 2 and 3, but I did it.  I can tell a difference in my arms and legs, and a little in my ab area.

5.  I love coffee.  I am very caffeine sensitive though.  This means I only drink decaf beverages.  I have loved coffee since I was about 4 years old and my grandma would sneak me some.  I worked at Starbucks for 3 years and was the only decaf drinker there.  It made it hard to do some of the coffee tastings.  I would have to do the swig-and-spit.  I usually only drink coffee at home or starbucks because I am so worried they are going to give me regular coffee.  When I do have caffeine, its not pretty.  I feel like I am dying.  

Well I guess thats it.  I can't wait until tomorrow.  There are other bloggers linking up over at Tiffany's.

12 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the pale thing. My friends refer to me as "the ghost that haunts the beach".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During my friend's wedding, we were talking about the positions of the bridesmaids. When it came up that I would be standing next to the maid of honor (who had just gotten a tan) she exclaimed "You can't put me next to Laura, she's like...clear!"

      Delete
    2. Hee hee!! Too funny! I try not to stand next to people who have tans, because then I look deathly. It's bad enough standing next to people who don't have tans. lol

      Delete
  2. It's okay pale skin is in! I think over tanned skin is gross. Congrats on sticking to a workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for hosting the challenge.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the workout! I've been working out for almost a year and that is something to be proud of. I'm also a coffee addict, so coffee drinkers unite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I have been working out for about 6 months. I just recently dusted of Jillian...lol Way to go on a year!! What all do you do? What's your favorite coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate flying too. I took Ativan when we flew to Australia as I thought my heart would burst if I was up in the air for 18 hours. But I survived. And lived to tell about it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I could survive 18 hours on a plane...kudos to you. Even though I would love to see Australia. I guess I could with a heavy sedative. lol

      Delete
  6. Hi pretty lady! *waves* I love seeing actual pictures of people. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I hate this picture. I was so nervous starting that challenge. I love seeing actual pictures of people too. I tend to be more behind the camera than in front of the camera.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.