May Blog Challenge

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Harry Potter


Yes, I am fifteen years late on the whole Harry Potter train (Hogwarts Express..haha).  I had not read any of the books nor seen any of the movies.  I have now done one of those things.  I finished reading the series last night.  I cried.  Over the past couple of months I have grown to really love these characters.  I now get all the hype around them.  J.K. has such a way with words that I actually felt these people were real.  I laughed and cried a lot while reading them.  Certain deaths affected me more than others.  I almost didn't read the 7th book after someone dies at the end of the 6th book.  But, I picked it up and read all 759 pages in about 4 days.  I couldn't put it down.  I am really excited to see the movies now.  I am one of those that wait until I have read the book before I see the movie.  

The next series I have started is the Divergent series.  The first movie comes out in March and I have already started the book.  My daughter has read all of them a couple of times (same thing with the HP's and Hunger Games series).  She is the one who gets us excited to read them.  Her poor Language Arts teacher is constantly trying to find Elexis new books to read.  She doesn't really like Teen Romance/everyday life type books.  She is more into the dytopian society and science fiction type books.  I am just happy she reads a lot.  But...she gets that from both her mom and her dad.  We are both huge readers.  My child would rather get new books than make up or nail polish (sorry Lizzy).  

If you have read the Harry Potters or seen the movies, which one is your favorite? 

6 comments:

  1. I was also late to the HP Party, but I'm so glad I caught up! I even bought the series for my Nook when the electronic versions became available (and all the movies, too)! The movies are splendid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how good they are. And that they still have a huge following that is active. Since we have a couple of snow days, I am going to start the first movie.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Harry Potter.....nor do I plan to. But grandson has. And he loved it. Just not my kind of thing. Maybe my age is showing a bit here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It took me forever to come around. It wasn't until we went to Universal Studios a couple of years ago for me to get an interest.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read the books; we were late to watching the movies. lol Had to wait 'til the hype died down. Apparently they changed a LOT of stuff for the movies, but I think it was mostly for the movies to make sense and it's nitpicky stuff. I enjoyed the movies a great deal. If you're not too caught up in EXACT adaptations, I think you will, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the hype has ever died down...lol. My husband and child (who have both read and watched the movies) really enjoyed both, so I think I will too. They went to the midnight premier of the last one. And yes, they carried their wands and Elexis wore her robe. She was Hermoine one year for Halloween. This past Christmas she got a Slytherin robe and a bunch of Slytherin stuff.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.