May Blog Challenge

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My menu for the week of Jan. 6

Because my husband gets paid on Tuesdays (which I hate because it is such an odd day), I make my budget and my menu plans reflective of that.  Since I am trying to stick to a budget and get my family to eat healthier, I am going to resurrect my weekly menu.  I have this app on my phone and my iPad that I can easily use to organize my menu (including pulling recipes off the internet into the app) and includes a shopping list.  Plus, I like how Paula posts her weekly menu (which I plan on stealing some of her recipes), so here is mine.

Tuesday: 
Smoked sausage, bell pepper, onion stir fry (one of my hubby's favorite meals), with skillet potatoes.  Elexis doesn't like it, so I made her Chicken Alfredo.  

Wednesday: 
Sesame Chicken with rice.  We will be celebrating my birthday on Saturday, plus I really love eating at home.  

Thursday: 

Friday:
 Leftovers day (possibly one of my favorite days, most foods taste better the second time around).

Saturday: 
Celebrating my birthday

Sunday: 

Monday: 
Teriyaki chicken

I will definitely try to take pictures of the food, but some food just does not photograph well. 
I am getting ready to go do my grocery shopping...something I actually enjoy doing. 

10 comments:

  1. You seem to like Asian foods, so your family may enjoy Orange Chicken. This is the recipe we use http://allrecipes.com/recipe/asian-orange-chicken/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are definitely trying that one! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Sending you a big hug and lots of birthday wishes....love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too too sweet! I love you!!!

      Delete
  3. I am going to try the Taco Bake recipe...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, yeah...I have a story on that...lol

      Delete
  4. That all looks so yummy. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you getting all organized in '14! What you should do is make your list and then post the PREVIOUS week's list with photos on "what I ate Wednesday" HAHAHA! instead of Meal Plan Monday! Have you linked up with those? You can find LOTS of menus there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are totally right. I do need to link up with some of those Menu Mondays, but rename it to Tasty Tuesdays...hahaha

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.